Bravely is looking for a kickass psychology intern
We don’t believe in being stuck in a boring 9-to-5; clocking in and clocking out. We believe that a job you love is a job worth doing. We work with purpose and meaning — for ourselves, and for our users.
Bravely is a small, young startup building a mental health solution that is desperately needed today (especially for 2020). We give people the ability to (a) track physiological factors that influence mental health, and (b) access evidence-based, therapy methods & psychology knowledge that is currently only found in dry, boring textbooks.
We’ll have fun, learn as we go, and build something we’re excited by. This is a chance to create something with the potential to help millions around the globe. We want someone we trust to join us in the driver’s seat, helping to steer Bravely towards its mission.
What working with us looks like:
- We’re young, but ambitious — It’s still very early days for Bravely, but we know it’s the start of something epic. We know it’ll take hard work and learning to get there, but we’re absurdly passionate and stubbornly determined to build something that will help people around the world.
- We’re always learning — Products never succeed in a silo. They’re only successes when they’re in the hands of people, and they don’t want to let go! We strive to always be learning; be it new research studies, constant user feedback, or a new design methodology.
- We value teamwork & collaboration — They say Rome wasn’t built in a day, but it also wasn’t built alone. We work together, not apart in silos.
- We value initiative — We’re not looking for mindless drones! The business is in everyone’s hands, not the select few. If you’ve opinions or feedback, we want to hear it.
- We’re remote & flexible — We don’t believe in rigid work schedules or the old-school management method of watching your every move (rolls eyes). We don’t compromise on the things that matter (our values, our mission and our users), but we leave a lot of the rest up to you (your hours, your attire, etc.). The position is fully remote, so you have the flexibility to be wherever you need to be.
- We value taking care of your mental health — It goes without saying that we value good mental health for everyone on the team. To quantify that: taking mental health days is not only allowed, but expected. Our flexible working policy means you’re free to schedule a therapy session for yourself in the middle of your work day, or arrange for your work day to fit around your needs.
- We have fun too! — Work takes up way too much of your life to not have fun while working. We work hard, but we make sure we’re creating a healthy, friendly and fun work environment too. Team culture is something we never lose sight of.
What does the right person look like?
This is an internship position for someone with experience in psychology. You’ll be helping research and create mental health content and tools. You’ll be collaborating with psychologists, designers and developers.
You’ll have had prior study in psychology — we imagine this role would be perfectly suited to a psychology student. Any interest in working in a startup environment will be valuable.
You should be responsible, proactive, and organised, with a personal belief in constantly improving and iterating. We want to explicitly state that you can be of any nationality, race, gender, sexual orientation or religion. The only requirement we have is for you to be open-minded and tolerant of anyone different to you. And if you’re the type to share funny video alongside thoughtful articles, we welcome you with open arms!
What skills and traits are we looking for?
- A background of psychology education at a tertiary level.
- Someone who is meticulous, organised and takes initiative.
- Someone who believes in our vision of creating digital tools to help people with their mental health.
- A positive attitude + no ego + team-player (no lone wolves).
- Constantly learning and sharing knowledge + seeks out, appreciates and also returns feedback.
Bravely is your holistic and evidence-based approach to mental well-being — find calm when you’re distressed, and gain the right insights to bravely work towards a healthier, happier mind.
We’ve launched our beta, and we’re currently in the early-stages of testing and iterating to find product-market fit.
How to apply
Apply by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter, résumé as well as a quick video to introduce yourself and tell us why you want to join the team. We’re really excited to meet you! 🙂